Saturday, March 14, 2009

Organic Traffic Still Possible with No Promotion

I have a few sites that seem to get moderate to heavy traffic for literally no promotional effort. Below is a screenshot of my AdSense screen today, you’ll notice I had to take out a few figures so Google won’t kick me off. The point isn’t how much these sites make, rather it’s to show you how many impressions one of my sites is getting, with zero promotion.

image

Within the past 7 days I’ve received a whopping 1,340 impressions (most likely 99% of those are unique visitors) for a site I registered in November and have done nothing with since building it in a day.

Here is the registration info for the site according to GoDaddy:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: EUGENEOSMENT.COM
Created on: 20-Nov-08
Expires on: 20-Nov-09
Last Updated on: 04-Dec-08

The lesson here? Consider the concept of fresh organic traffic viable if you have the right niche, or at the very least a celebrity parent’s domain namesake.

No comments: