Thursday, April 2, 2009

Jeff Bezos on Charlie Rose

Interesting video on the past, present, and future of the Kindle. Last night I pondered while laying in my bed how many people in this world have access to the Kindle marketplace now that the iPhone application allows anyone with the device to buy and download books? It surely increased the marketplace by a multiple of 10, if not 100.

The idea of a million people having access to a clean and easy to use e-book marketplace like the Kindle offers is astounding. I made about $37 last month in books sales from the Kindle, my last monthly royalty check was for $152. It is my firm belief a year from now I will post statistics that show my digital sales outweighing my print sales, unless of course Random House snaps up my publishing imprint. Cough cough, hint hint.

No comments: