Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sick & Busy

Not feeling great today, I think I have the flu. A few updates though about goings on in Clark world.

-We finally have a office not located in a place that I sleep. This has been about 3 years coming, and although the space is small (250 sq ft) and out of the way (Hopkins, SC) it is our own. We should have a staff member in there doing my taxes, mailings, appointments, and other misc stuff in about 2 weeks.

-Working on our publishing company a lot lately. After a more-than-disappointing relationship with my current publisher (name omitted for fear of Google alerting those airheads) I’m taking the idea of our own publishing company much more seriously. I’ve had a great experience with a book printer for my first novel, and plan on using them for our upcoming nonfiction titles.

-Speaking of books, The Definitive Guide to Writing Online for Profit by Clark Covington is lightening up the kindle sales charts, pick one up here if you have a kindle, or here if you like books on paper.

-Our launch of our alternative email marketing service Power of 30 went pretty well, I wasn’t sure what was going to happen when we sent out the notification of it going live, but people signed up a good bit, which I think means they like it. I think it’ll work well since it defies most conventional ways of email marketing that absolutely do not work.

-I put 8 hours worth of songs off my itunes on my shuffle, who says you need a big ipod to rock out all day?

-Donated $100 to World Food Program today, that stuff that went down in Haiti is horrible, we all need to pitch in.

I could write more, but you get the idea of what’s going on with me. How are you doing? Good I hope.

No comments: